The fact of the matter is if you want to lose weight, exercise every day, feel better, and just be happy, YOU have to make the choices that will move you closer to what you want. And you will have to make those choices a priority in your day and life. How does this statement make you feel? If your first thought is it’s easy for me to say you couldn’t be more wrong. I took control of my life over 10 years ago and you can do the same. IF you want to take control – the choice truly is yours. BUT you have to want it.
Not making choices that will move your forward in your journey is just as damaging as making excuses. Yes there will be days when you don’t feel like exercising but you must push yourself and get it done. And you know what? You will feel better when you’ve finished – that’s a promise. Every choice you make or DON’T make has a direct impact on your day. The following are choices you should be making daily if you want to move forward to health and wellness:
- Eating clean is one of the most important choices you need to make every day. To eat clean means that you eat your food in their most nutritious form or an easier way to explain this is in its natural form. Prepare your meals at home so that you are in control of what you are eating. There are some great recipes available online that give you ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but if you make the conscious choice to not allow processed foods in your home you are well on your way to eating clean.
- Drink water all day every day. If you are a soda drinker, break this habit as quickly as possible by replacing one soda with water at a meal. The next week, replace another soda with water and continue until you are drinking 90% of your beverages as water.
- Love yourself the way you are today. When we do not like something about ourselves, we tend to focus on this imperfection instead of the amazing things your body does for you without you even being aware. Be grateful that your body supports you when you walk, talk, eat, sleep and everything else you do daily. Start where you are and move forward from there.
- Have a positive mindset. Positive people are happy people. Why? People who view the world from a positive perspective are less stressed, happy and better able to deal with the bumps in the road.
- Exercise is one of the best things we can do for our bodies. Our bodies are meant to move not be sedentary 24 hours a day. Best way to stay on track with exercise is to find something you really enjoy doing. Experiment until you find the exercise you look forward to doing every day.
- Be present every moment of your life. Yes it’s easy to check out when watching TV or sitting around – and I’m not saying day dreaming is a bad thing, however, being present means you are actively involved with what you are doing. How do you do this? By gaining control of your mind.
Making conscious choices every single day will propel you faster towards health and wellness than any fad diet. Consistency is key. You CAN do this.
To your health,
Denise Sanger is a high energy business owner with over 30 years experience in the marketing area. She has transitioned her love of fitness and marketing into helping others succeed in getting fit and running their own businesses. She founded How To Stay Fit Over 50 to provide hope and support to others by motivating them to take the first step in their fitness journey no matter what age. Email her at email@example.com.