Many of you are dealing with the same issue I was with a not so flat tummy since menopause or in my case hysterectomy. I wanted to give you an update on where I am since December and what is working for me. Maybe it will help you too.
The number is 70% or 80% nutrition depending on who you talk to. I think the biggest thing for me was my change to eating clean. To clarify what eating clean is it means to eat real food in the correct portions. No processed foods. Why? Because processed foods contain quite a bit of artificial ingredients especially fructose and preservatives. How can a can of some type meal stay on the shelf as long as it does? Take a look at the ingredients and you will quickly see why.
If there is one thing you change after reading this post is getting rid of the processed foods in your diet, you will make a huge leap forward. Especially if you are trying to lose weight. Not only do processed foods have many artificial ingredients and preservatives, it also contains quite a bit of sugar, sodium and fat. In addition when food is processed it loses much of it’s nutrients including fiber.
Take a look at my pics below. On the left is right before my hysterectomy in November 2013 at a half marathon in St. Pete. On the right, my current pic that was taken last week February 2015. Look at my mid-section. HUGE difference right?
Don’t make it harder than it needs to be. Start today with these steps:
- Clear out your pantry and kitchen. Remove processed and junk foods.
- Sit down and make a menu for the next 7 days. From that menu create a grocery list. If you don’t know where to start on a clean eating menu, email me at email@example.com and I will send you one.
- Prepare your meals for the next day the night before. It’s much easier to stay on track when youre meals are prepared.
- Eat five to six meals throughout the day. This helps keeps your blood sugar level and hunger at bay.
- Drink water. If you are a soda drinker, replace one soda a day with water until your main beverage is water.
I am not going to tell you this will be so easy you’ll breeze through it but it is doable. Simply making consistent small changes will have you quickly reaching your goals. We sponsor 5 day clean eating groups the beginning of every month along with 21 Day Challenges designed to help you replace bad habits with good habits in a supportive group.
ANYTIME you need a boost or a push, I am here for you. Simply email me and I will help you push through. Remember you CAN do this!
To your health,
Denise Sanger is a high energy business owner with over 30 years experience in the marketing area. She has transitioned her love of fitness and marketing into helping others succeed in getting fit and running their own businesses. She founded How To Stay Fit Over 50 to provide hope and support to others by motivating them to take the first step in their fitness journey no matter what age. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.