Many of us are obsessed with trying to create the body we see in magazines, on the internet or even at the gym. Funny thing though is if you ask those people whose body you are obsessing over if they love their body, you might be surprised at the answers you will receive. Seems no matter how we look, we will still find flaw with our bodies.
Today we are going to focus on the reasons you should love your body just as it is right now. Sometimes taking a step back and refocusing will get you to realize how amazing your body already is. Let’s get started:
- Your body is strong enough to carry you anywhere you want to go whether you walk, run, jog, swim, or hike. Where ever you want to go, whenever you want to go, your body is right there to take you there – doesn’t matter what you weigh. Get up and get moving.
- When you love your body, you tend to take better care of it by eating better and getting exercise in daily.
- When you love your body, you feel more confident and tend to walk with your head held high and your shoulders back and down. You walk with confidence.
- You will get up, get moving, and get out there and enjoy your life when you love your body – nothing will hold you back.
- You are able to lose weight easier when you love your body. Why? Because accepting you for the way you are allows you to realistically move forward toward your fitness goals.
- Your body is unique and it was created to house the unique you. You are you. Why would you want to be anyone else? You’re amazing just the way you are.
- Like attracts like. When you are happy, you attract happy people to you along with new happy experiences to enjoy.
- Loving your body keeps depression away. When you view yourself negatively, it is very easy to slide down the rabbit hole where you will find something wrong not only with your body, but your job, your partner, and everything in your life.
- Loving your body increases your energy levels because you will stand tall allowing the blood carrying oxygen to flow easily through your body.
- And the best reason? When you love your body, you get up and enjoy every moment of every day. NOTHING will hold you back from enjoying this life you’ve been given.
Starting today, look at your body as the amazing vehicle it is and be grateful for every opportunity you have to enjoy it. Don’t let what you perceive to be faults stop you from living your life.
To your health,
Denise Sanger is a high energy business owner with over 30 years experience in the marketing area. She has transitioned her love of fitness and marketing into helping others succeed in getting fit and running their own businesses. She founded How To Stay Fit Over 50 to provide hope and support to others by motivating them to take the first step in their fitness journey no matter what age. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com